Sunday, April 09, 2006

My inner life

(Scene: a simple stage. Spotlight on three dubious characters.)
Id: I want to blog!
Superego: Quiet. We're busy now.
Id: I don't care. I like blogging.
Ego: How can we blog now? Taxes...unfinished charts...what's this "alternative minimum tax," anyway?
Superego: Right, just blog about how we can't get anything done, because we're blogging. Brilliant.

Enter Giraffe.

Giraffe: Will you three pipe down?
All: What are you doing here?
Id: It's my giraffe. I like giraffes.
Superego: I told you what would happen if you let Id run things.
Ego (grabs giraffe, leading it away): Excuse us, please. We're having...a bit of a conflict here.
Giraffe (resisting, testily): That's obvious. Why aren't you blogging? I check in every day.
Id: See?
Superego (to Ego): Really now. Those charts...overdue! How do you feel about them? And have you found Schedule D yet?
Ego: Schedule D...charts...
Superego (to Id): And you! You want it all! You want to blog, sing, draw, paint, travel...bring giraffes around...and go to the gym every day!
Id: The gym was your idea. Listen, I can't stand this.
Giraffe: At least tell your readers that you aren't dead. They're starting to wonder.
Ego: Not dead...tell the readers...
Id (to Superego): Don't you feel guilty, leaving the blog alone, leaving your readers like this?
Shrinkette wishes to inform you all that she loves to blog, and that she misses it very much. When things are tidied up a bit, she intends to return. Thank you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Big Lebowski Store said...

I can dig it, Shrinkette.

Flea is my id. My real web site is my ego. My super ego wants me to pay less attention to the former and more to the latter... and to... um, my family and my practice...

Flea

12:44 PM  
Blogger Medicoglia, RN said...

My Id says call H&R block and let them deal with those pesky taxes! ;)

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging is an id drive?

And does this mean that I will post something like this in the future, when I'm finally done with my residency?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Raine said...

I vote for giraffe!!!!! he's the best character and he makes sense LOLOL

7:34 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Looks like I've returned to your blog just at the right time!

Hi Shrinkette, I used to read you once upon a lifetime ago before my computer crashed. Way back when Sanity's Optional was blogging a lot. (I miss her, I was one of her blogging buddies)

I agree with Raine ... I like the Giraffe! (my intro to psych instructor would have a ball with the giraffe reference being in a conversation with id ego and super ego though ... ;) ... )

8:16 PM  
Blogger Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

Welcome back, if only for a brief drop in.

One of these days we should talk about our shared interests. I am also a singer, and in my fantasy life, I have time to hold office hours, be in a broadway show (or Gilbert and Sullivan Opera, I'll take either) and have a cabaret act.

Now get back to those taxes. And if you find a way not to get hit by the Alternative Minimum tax, let me know. We got creamed this year...

8:26 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

My rhino raises a hoof in homage to your giraffe.

Looking forward to seeing you on the electronic veldt again.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping in--I can totally relate!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Good to see you again! Hope things calm down soon for you.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast