Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year, everyone.

Best wishes to you all! We're in a fierce storm here. Winds are gusting to 45 mph. The huge Douglas firs are swaying, branches are falling, rain is swirling...rain is now horizontal.

Cut to obvious metaphors about "weathering storms"...a major theme of the past year. How did we do? How will we manage the next one?

In a few hours, we'll go out and inspect our sodden, debris-filled yard, left cluttered by the wind. We'll look at our roof - any big branches up there, any leaks?

I will also turn off my pager (someone else is covering!) and do my New Year's routine. I'll think about where I've been, and where I'm going.

3 Comments:

Blogger Medicoglia, RN said...

Hope you weather the storm ok. This coast is getting hit hard. I live in Sonoma County, CA,(right between the two rivers that have been flooding the last 3 days, in the flood plain of course) you've probably heard, and if not yet, you will. :P The second big storm of the season rolled in a few hours ago...probably the one that is hitting you too.

As far as the other storms people are weathering everywhere goes...I hope that goes well for all of us.

Sera

2:50 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

It's raining hard down here in Orange County, but without the extreme wind. Didn't keep us from driving to Long Beach to spend part of the day with my cousins.

May you and yours have a fine New Year. I had a dream (http://paxnortona.notfrisco2.com/?p=3644) which could almost be prophecy last night....may you and your readers not be among the wrecks. I wouldn't want you there.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Wishing you a Wonderful 2006 as well!

~Deb

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast