Friday, October 01, 2004

Thanks to Blogborygmi...

...for including one of my posts in Grand Rounds. (It didn't bring any perks around here; most of my colleagues asked, "What's a blog?") I'm sure that more docs will be encouraged to start their own blogs...Just watching the sitemeter is a thrill. (Look! there's someone from Australia! And...Ireland!) It's brought at least one new reader who isn't pleased with the registration process for making a comment. My settings say that anyone can comment, not just registered users. I'll try to find out what Google is doing.

Meanwhile, life is demanding more from the shrinkette household. My husband had surgery today, for a parotid gland tumor. (It's benign but it had to come out, or it would grow large and cause nerve damage.) I'm trying to be supportive. While the hospital staff was terrific, and the care was quite personalized and attentive, I know that I can't generalize about our experience, because I've worked at this hospital for seven years. This hospital is like family. (I can only imagine what it's like for patients who don't have that connection.)

It was a big surgery. Six hours post-op, Mike feels awful, but it looks like there were no complications. Blogging will be sporadic for awhile...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

As a layman, I can say that hospital experiences can vary, not just from hospital to hospital, but from person to person within the hospital. For example, the night nurse may be great, the day nurse so-so, and by night-time you get a different night nurse.

Hope the recovery goes well.

11:47 PM  
Blogger aafan said...

Thank you, Emperor. It really gave us a scare, but he's doing better now.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

intense!

love,
jason mulgrew
internet quasi-celebrity

9:46 AM  

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast