Joel imagines a cafe that brings diners into a "bipolar experience."
1. You would be surrounded by frowning people.
2. The food would be hospital food. If you did not eat it, they would not let you go home until you did.
3. The food would make you constipated or dizzy or wanting more and more and more...
5. The waiters would take notes on your behavior.
6. Voices would tell you that the waiters did not like you and that they wanted to poison you. Other voices would just say things like blab blab blab over and over again.
7. Whenever you lifted a fork or knife, the staff would watch you especially closely...
11. You’d leave the restaurant relieved that you were out of it. When you got home, however, you’d discover that the restaurant had moved into your bedroom.