Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Medpundit says farewell.

This news is...huge.
"I no longer have the time needed to devote to (the blog). The phrase 'declining reimbursement and rising overhead,' is repeated so often in medicine that it seems a cliche, but it's also a reality. I'm spending longer hours at work and seeing more patients to support my office and my family. The 1-2 hours a day it takes to keep up the blog are no longer there. I don't have any hope of that getting better in the foreseeable future. In fact, I anticipate that in the next 1-2 years, I'll be adding even more office hours until I've reached the limits of my physical and mental capabilities."
Medpundit, you've inspired so many of us. I'm truly sorry to see you go.

But I do understand. As Dr. Dinah says,
Now I don't just write a blog, I read other people's blogs: it's like throwing Time in the fire and watching it burn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Going to be such a loss for the blogosphere

4:57 AM  
Blogger Steve & Barb said...

This is a loss, indeed, though I suspect to see cameo appearances from Medpundit in Comments around the 'sphere. It is difficult to go cold turkey. One needs a place to be able to relax, let the hair down, and reach out to others. Even if it's not *your* place, one can still visit others'. Private practice, as many of us know, can be a very lonely place.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast