Thursday, April 20, 2006

"I'm no good at this!"

Primary Care Doc is on the line. Three times, he has sent his patient to ER with suicidal ideation. Three times, the patient told ER he was fine, and was sent home.

"He's back in my office, and what do you suppose he's telling me...again? I'm no good with psych patients. I don't know what to do with them! Now the ER's asking if he's bipolar.

"I've had him on Zoloft, Prozac, Effexor, you name it! You know, I can treat MI's, sepsis, pneumonia, all night long, it doesn't bother me at all. But this...! I can't do this!"

"All right, all right," I'm saying. "Yes, this is tough...we'll see him."

(This doc seems more distressed than the patients I saw today!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Fat Doctor said...

Been there. Every night I say a little prayer for you and your people. I'm so glad y'all exist!

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, another reason to legalize the utilization of duct tape.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are a challenging lot, we are.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Did you make an appointment for him?

Here's a sign for you to hang in your waiting room:

THE DOCTOR WILL NOT GIVE YOU MEDICATION IF S/HE CAN AVOID IT.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast