Thursday, April 20, 2006

Barbie speaks.

...the first real life Barbie is a 24-year-old graduate of Kent State University School of Performing Arts called Erin Coors. She was about to accept a minor role in a fringe production when Mattel selected her as the one to bring Barbie to life.

...Barbie will be travelling across America for the best part of a year, stopping off at 80 small towns, and the occasional large one, to perform the hour- long musical. It is hoped that, by panto season, contracts will be signed and the show will be performed all over Britain.

“Just listening to them all chanting ‘Barbie, Barbie, Barbie’ as I walk on means the world to me. It is a very special job and a great responsibility,” Ms Coors said.

As she spoke, an eight-year-old called Victoria pushed past a group of fans waiting for autographs and screamed: “I want your dress, and I want your tiara and I want your shoes.”

“What a lovely little girl, what adorable hair you have,” said Barbie.

Another few dozen little girls stood in awe of the life-sized doll before them. Barbie told them all to be good, and to be always honest and to always have courage before bidding them farewell.

“That’s her,” breathed Nicole Satchetti with about as much amazement as a 3-year-old can muster.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

I'm hoping that the live Barbie has a real waist.

Perhaps it's just me, but I felt a bit uneasy about the 8 year old girl wanting the tiara and all that. But perhaps that's natural for that age. (My daughter's almost 15, and even when she was younger she never really had the desire to BE Barbie.)

12:29 AM  
Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

I feel better about the live action Barbie, even with all the materialism, after reading Celebrity Smack's post entitled "Give Your Daughter a Slut Doll!" (regarding some scantily clad dolls that Hasbro is marketing to 6-9 year olds).

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast