Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Things I said today

Hello, I'm Dr. Shrinkette. Are you comfortable? Can you hear me okay? Can you see me, too?

What is your understanding of the purpose of this exam? Is this your choice, to be here today? What sorts of things have you been going through?

How awful. How terrible. That must have been so hard. That sounds like it must have been so difficult.

What happened next?

So you've been (a, b, c)? It sounds like you're also saying: (d, f, g). Is that right?

Obviously we have a lot to talk about, but I need to focus on a few things. Would that be all right? Tell me, how are your spirits? Have you been sad, gloomy, down in the dumps? Tell me about it.

Have you had any times where you felt just the opposite, full of energy, not needing sleep? Tell me about that, please.

How did you understand that? Do other people agree? What have you learned from that?

Are you taking any meds? What is your opinion of your meds? Let's talk about them, one at a time. Tell me about (med A)...and (med B)...

Have things been so bad that you felt that you couldn't go on?

What do you do? Tell me about a typical day. What else is in your life, besides illness?

Are you taking care of yourself?

1 Comments:

Blogger Medicoglia, RN said...

And there it is...the other half of my SSDI psych exam! lol

Sera

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast