Friday, January 27, 2006

Don't try this with me.

"25 Fun things to do at the Psychiatrists:"
Ask to borrow his comb then comb your tongue.
Take random objects in his office and glue them to the floor.
Refuse to co-operate unless he trades his trousers.
Bring pots and pans. Bang them together when he asks a question you don't like.
After everything he says, say, 'And how does that make you feel?'
Point at random things and say, 'Where did you get that?'
Complain that his chair looks more comfortable...

Never stop smiling.
Scream every word.
Repeatedly tell him to look at the ceiling. When he finally does, repeatedly tell him to look at the chair. When he finally does, repeatedly tell him to look at the desk.
From "Caught At Work." (Someone was searching for this list...and somehow, Google sent them to my blog!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Medicoglia, RN said...

Awww...I think it would be fun to watch you (anyone) try to pick up the pen I super glued to the desk! ;) By the way...my T is not allowed to say "how does/did that make you feel"...of course I am amazed at the number of other ways she has found to say the exact same thing. :P Oh, and it's a trade off...I'm not allowed to say "fine", "ok" or "alright"...I have NOT been able to find many ways to say the same thing. *sigh*

Sera

11:37 PM  
Blogger Medicoglia, RN said...

LOL JW!! Fortunately my pdoc doesn't use those big fancy words...either that or I understand them because I have a medical background myself. Probably a little of both. How about...
make up words or your own meaning for words, when the pdoc finally has your language all figured out, switch words/meanings. hehe
Hmmm...maybe that one isn't a good idea, probably meets a diagnostic criteria somewhere! :P
Sera

11:49 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

The glued-down trick works best with coins glued to the floor.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once told my shrink, "You sure do know a lot of quotes." He was always quoting something profound from a movie or book. At the time I wasn't trying to be funny, I was really impressed. But I never heard another quote after that. Oops.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast