Monday, January 09, 2006

Lonely blog

Post-call...coming home. Busy call. Steady, Shrinkette...at least it's over...

Notes and files are strewn about. Coffee cups, fast food leftovers...Nine messages on the machine. I'll get to them. Untouched newspapers, still in their wrappers.

Nothing new on the blog.
Lonely blog, waiting for me to come home. Should post something...Can I do it?

Quick look around. Cars that talk to each other...why can't we get people to talk to each other? Keep looking...

Here's an all-male brothel in Nevada.
Anyone else posting on this? Can I think of a few hundred concerns about this?

This seems more suited to Wonkette, not Shrinkette. Maybe I don't want the sort of comments you'd expect from a post like this. On the other hand...I'm tired. Maybe I can just say, "Here's the link. Have at it." See what the commenters say...

Wait, what's this? Two men rowing across the Atlantic. They were a bit impulsive. One really didn't know how to row. And they really didn't know each other before they started. They're rowing in shifts, two hours on, two hours off, around the clock. Should someone save them from themselves?

Their trip sounds like a metaphor...for...for what? Oh...wait... It sounds like last night's call. The patients and I have just thrown down our oars, and touched shore...Okay, scratch that one.

And must my cat choose this moment to sit on my keyboard?
He's staring at me. I know that look. It's "Where have you been? Why aren't you paying attention to me?"

Cat-blogging! I've sunk to the depths. (I am so "post-call.") All right...I think I'm done now. No more Lonely Blog. Push the "Publish Post" button.

Good night, all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Even though I was raised in Nevada and am familiar with the traditional brothel, Heidi Fleiss' idea of a reverse brothel has a huge "ick" factor for me!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

My cat sleeps on my keyboard. When I'm using it.

I'll try to be delicate here. It is my understanding that men need a bit of time to recoup their,um, physical prowess after engaging in physical relations. So perhaps a gentleman is good for one, two or maybe even three (if he is young) "episodes" a day, with a recovery period after each "episode". Whereas a female has no such limitations. And they better be good looking because I think women would rather have Harrison Ford than George Costanza, if you get my drift.

Oh, nevermind - the ick factor is getting to me, too....

1:36 PM  
Blogger Medicoglia, RN said...

Just one little comment...ick ick ick. Ok, so it was three. :P

7:03 PM  
Blogger Professor Batty said...

"Cat-blogging! I've sunk to the depths..."
You need not despair, I've also been known to go there on occasion...

9:08 PM  
Blogger Bardiac said...

I have to disagree with Kim, though not about the good looking part. But then, I imagine at the kind of organization Heidi Fleiss has been associated with, good looks are a basic requirement for paid participants.

Nope, I'm disagreeing about the recovery period thing. Yes, I know: men, recovery period, basic biology.

BUT, I seriously doubt many women who are willing and able to pay for a sexual encounter are interested primarily in intercourse. There are lots of things people can do sexually which wouldn't require any refractory period for a male. And intercourse just doesn't seem to be something women would pay for.

Am I the only reader who has a fantasy life that doesn't lead to an automatic "ick" response at the thought of this? (Oh, yep, I can think of LOTS of potential concerns and such, and pragmatically, not a chance, but not an automatic "ick" response, either.)

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If males had NO refractory period,woman would suffer beyond their current belief.What do you think is on mind of men 24/7?
Now take that,and give it ability not to stop.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast