Thursday, November 24, 2005

Post-Thanksgiving shopping: message from the front lines


Jeepers Sleepers, originally uploaded by judge_mental.

Judge Mental sends word that the Third Infantry Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitory Battalion has taken up positions for the "forthcoming Battle of Christmas Shopping."

"Troops working out of a field hopital set up in British Home Stores will distribute emergency supplies of antidepressants to parents and children while maintaining crowd control operations..."

Extreme measures, to be sure. (Mental note: avoid shopping today.) But the meds don't quite work that way. If anyone started an SSRI today, they probably wouldn't notice any benefit for a few weeks...

1 Comments:

Blogger TP said...

I knew that was Lincoln. But then I wondered why someone from Oregon would be posting a picture of Lincoln - so I doudbted myself, and I checked, and I was right!

(I used to live there, and despite all high streets being the same, could somehow recognise...)

Ah, sweet odd nostalgia.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast