Saturday, November 19, 2005

So far away...

My husband's job has sent him around the world for the last few weeks. Every time the phone rings, my heart jumps.

Last night he called me from a McDonald's in China. The noise in the background was deafening. "It's wild here...China is wild...it's the wild west," he shouted into the phone. "And the coffee is hot! The Chinese characters on the McDonald's coffee...they say, 'Danger! Very hot!'"

I asked: Why are you in a McDonald's in China?

I couldn't make out his reply. It was all static. It sounds like he's in transit. He promised to send photos and e-mail as soon as he can get connected somewhere.

(Sigh...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith "Nurse Keith" Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC said...

What's that old saying about absence and fondness? Seems to hold true painfully often......

8:48 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

So hard when a part of you is half a world away...

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast