Sunday, September 05, 2004

My first day blogging!

Already I can see how this might become a rather compulsive thing... I'm not showing up on the "Newly Published Weblogs" list, for some reason. And I'm flabbergasted when I scroll down the list of blogs, and see how many are out there....just on Google's Blogger! It is truly amazing. I have long felt that the most creative, most adventurous and engaging writing is not being done on paper these days.....it is being done by bloggers.

And look at all the blogs dealing with mental health....or the lack thereof!
There's "Adult ADD" (she advertises her blog as "my escape from homework and laundry," and her URL address says "distractme." I think I would like to get to know her.) And there's "Madness" in several blogs, and there's also "Insanity is a Full Time Job." I won't argue with that one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

There's some good stuff in the blogosphere, and there's a lot of dreck (if you don't believe it, check my blog). Good luck with your endeavors.

11:20 PM  
Blogger aafan said...

Hi, Ontario Emperor! You know, there is so much dreck in real life, that there may as well be some in blogs too. But your blog doesn't look like dreck to me! I am the biggest Beatles fan, so I enjoy your site.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

Ah, so you like Beatles...

My favorite Beatles album is the so-called White Album, because of the diversity in the album and the way it veers from one song style to a completely different song style. I'm trying to recreate this mood in my blog.

Enjoying the reads.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Eugene, Oregon Forecast